Based at: Walthamstow ( East London)
Hours of work: Term Time – 16.5hrs p/week
Hourly pay: £6,495p.a. (£9.24 p/hr)
Closing date: Midnight 29 October 2017
The YMCA LSW is a registered provider of Housing with a growing presence across South, South West and East London. The vision of the Association is of a Christian Charity where people can come as they are, be met at their point of need and find life in all its fullness. The group mission is to create a Large but Local organisation that can reach out across the capital to transform communities so all young people can belong, contribute and thrive. As one of London’s largest charities the Association also sees itself providing a leading role in the capital as well as within the YMCA Federation.
The Children & Families Department (East London Branch) currently provides out of school childcare for over 300 children at 5 Breakfast Clubs and 11 After School Clubs across the boroughs of Waltham Forest and Redbridge. We also deliver a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes because we believe every family should have the support they need to develop and lead fulfilling lives.
As part of our recent merger, we are currently looking to recruit an Early Years Playworker to support our growth and new initiatives. You will play a key role in the future success of our business. You will be responsible for a number of different duties with the emphasis on providing a service to the highest standard.
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Have obtained Level 3 in Early Years Workforce or equivalent
- Be a confident and supportive team player
- Have proven experience of providing play activities for groups of children of nursery and primary school age
- Be experienced in delivering activities in line with EYFS
- Be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Have excellent written and interpersonal skills
Please read the Guidance Notes before completing your application as they contain important information that will help you.
Please submit your completed application form no later than the deadline provided to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details about the organisation and our activities can be found at ymcalsw.org.
YMCA London South West is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and will not accept a CV in lieu of a completed application form. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA London South West is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
Benefits of working with us:
- Free use of our health and fitness facilities (including gym, sports hall, sauna);
- 15% staff discount in our restaurant
- As this role is on a term time basis, annual leave is during school holidays
- A salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Contributory group pension scheme