Whatever the weather, the Pod at YMCA Hawker is a great destination for parents and carers planning a day out with lots of exciting activities for the kids.
Here, children aged 0-11 can climb, jump, swing, stretch, wriggle, balance and bounce in the two-storey installation, whilst parents/carers enjoy a coffee and a snack from the cafe.
Extra play – every day!
This winter, we are offering “extra play with your stay” every day of the week.
Come and join in with our EYFS focused daily activities at the Pod this January. Click on the day below to find out more:
- Musical Mondays
- Time to Find Tuesdays
- Weaning Wednesdays
- Throwback Thursdays
- Family Fridays
- Speedway Saturdays
- Sensory Sundays
Most activities are free with Pod entry, however we ask for donations to cover arts and crafts materials on Fridays and snacks on Wednesdays.
What you need to know about the Pod
- The Pod is for children aged 11 and under
- All children must wear socks
- Pre-booking is only available to groups of 8 children or more – contact CathrynThompson@ymcalsw.org for details.
- The Pod has a maximum capacity of 84 children
- During busy times, play will be limited to two hours
- Please ensure there are enough adults to supervise your group safely. We recommend a ratio of 1:4 adults to children.
The Pod is open 7 days a week. Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 5.30pm (last entry 4.45pm). Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 12 noon (last entry 11.15am).
Find out more
If you have further questions about our “extra play with your stay” activities, please contact CathrynThompson@ymcalsw.org or call 020 8296 9747.