The YMCA Inclusive Lives Project is an exciting project across Kingston, Richmond and Merton that aims to:
- Increase supportive art, dance and exercise activities for all ability and mobility levels
- Provide support, education and employment opportunities for disabled people and those with a mental illness
- Celebrate and build awareness of living with a disability in the community
The YMCA Inclusive Lives project is funded by a Big Lottery Grant of approximately £319,000 over three years, and will be delivered by YMCA London South West in partnership with local authorities and charities.
Team Motivation is a service for 16+ people living with a disability or mental illness who need a little help getting active and involved in their local area.
- Do you feel anxious about starting something new?
- Don’t want to go alone?
- Don’t know how to get somewhere?
- Do you feel nervous about meeting new people?
- Don’t know where to start?
Sign up to Team Motivation using the form below and we will link you up with a friendly Team Motivation buddy to help you start a new activity in your area.
Who will buddy with me?
After talking to you and your family, we will buddy you up with a Team Motivator (TM) who shares similar interests and likes similar activities. Our TM are trained volunteers who are friendly, encouraging, open minded and reliable. We will set up a first meeting with you, the Team Motivator, the YMCA LSW Inclusive Lives Co-ordinator and your family or carer. This is a great chance to meet and see if they are a good match.
Your Team Motivator will show you what activities are on in the area, enjoy each others company, provide support on public transport and try new activities with you.