Job Title: Housing Administrator
Location: YMCA East London
Contract: Permanent: Part Time
Hours of Work: 20 Hours per week
Shift Pattern: Generally worked with in office Hours Monday – Friday.
Salary: £17,286 Pro rata
Closing Date: 2 February 2018
YMCA London South West and YMCA East London have merged. This new organisation which is called YMCA London South West has resulted in a growing presence across South, South West and East London. The Association is part of the affiliated YMCA Christian Movement, offering opportunities to young people and their communities to develop in mind, body and spirit in order to fulfil their potential.
During these exciting times for the association, we are seeking a Housing Administrator at YMCA East London. The Housing department (East London Branch) currently provides accommodation and support to over 340 single homeless people aged 18+ through a team of 12 Supported Housing Officers. We have four stages of accommodation through which we provide support services that enable our residents to move into their own independent accommodation.
This role is an important part of the Housing back office team. You will be responsible for managing the waiting list for applicants to our accommodation and support service. We worked towards a 98% occupancy level at all times and managing the void (empty room) procedure is an integral part of this role.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
• Excellent office administration skills;
• Experience of communicating with customers whose first language is not English;
• The ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with others;
• The ability to work on own initiative, take responsibility and be proactive;
• Experience of using database systems
• Good planning and organisational skills to manage a busy and varied workload.
• Able to travel to different YMCA sites in the London area
Benefits of working with us:
• Free use of our health and fitness wellbeing facilities (including gym, sports hall, sauna);
• 15% staff discount in our restaurant
• 25 days holiday pro rata (plus bank holidays pro rata )
• A salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
• Training and development opportunities
• Contributory group pension scheme
YMCA London South West is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and will not accept a CV in lieu of a completed application form. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA London South West is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
For a full job description and an application pack, please visit our website at: http://www.ymcalsw.org/category/job-opportunities/
The closing date to complete this application is 2 February, 2018.
Charity No: 1041923