The YMCA Inclusive Lives Project is an exciting project across Kingston, Richmond and Merton that aims to:
- Increase supportive art, dance and exercise activities for all ability and mobility levels
- Provide support, education and employment opportunities for disabled people and those with a mental illness
- Celebrate and build awareness of living with a disability in the community
The YMCA Inclusive Lives project is funded by a Big Lottery Grant of approximately £319,000 over three years, and will be delivered by YMCA London South West in partnership with local authorities and charities.
Team Motivation is a service for 16+ people living with a disability or mental illness who need a little help getting active and involved in their local area.
- Do you feel anxious about starting something new?
- Don’t want to go alone?
- Don’t know how to get somewhere?
- Do you feel nervous about meeting new people?
- Don’t know where to start?
Sign up to Team Motivation using the form below and we will link you up with a friendly Team Motivation buddy to help you start a new activity in your area.
Who will buddy with me?
After talking to you and your family, we will buddy you up with a Team Motivator (TM) who shares similar interests and likes similar activities. Our TM are trained volunteers who are friendly, encouraging, open minded and reliable. We will set up a first meeting with you, the Team Motivator, the YMCA LSW Inclusive Lives Co-ordinator and your family or carer. This is a great chance to meet and see if they are a good match.
Your Team Motivator will show you what activities are on in the area, enjoy each others company, provide support on public transport and try new activities with you.
For further information about YMCA Inclusive Lives, please contact Hayley Turner, Inclusive Lives Project Co-ordinator: