Job Title: Youth Worker
Location: YMCA East London
Contract: Fixed Term, March 2019 (Possibility of an extension)
Hours of Work: 12 Hours per week
Salary: £12 per hour
Closing Date: 2 February 2018
YMCA London South West and YMCA East London have merged. This new organisation which is called YMCA London South West has resulted in a growing presence across South, South West and East London. The Association is part of the affiliated YMCA Christian Movement, offering opportunities to young people and their communities to develop in mind, body and spirit in order to fulfil their potential.
During these exciting times for the association, we are seeking a Youth worker at YMCA East London with a sports coaching background, through the delivery of a range of programmes to a designated group of young people, to ensure that they can reach their full potential and enhance their quality of life. The post holder will be responsible for supporting young people to plan, deliver and evaluate a range of youth programmes with a focus on sports.
The two main develop areas will be:
• Sports Leadership Programme
• Support for young people’s health & well-being
The post holder will facilitate /deliver regular basketball and multi sports coaching sessions, engage in all aspects of youth and community work and settings; such as centre based, detached or outreach work, with an emphasis on participation work and new initiatives that lead to sustainability of the service.
In addition the post holder will support the youth offer lead to ensure the smooth running of the youth offer and to contribute to the delivery of evening drop in sessions for young people and help maintain the development and building of youth work at YMCA for 11-21years.
It is essential that the Youth Worker has:
• Recognised qualification (diploma or above) in social science/science/education/youth work or other related field
• Relevant recognised coaching certifications such as; FA Level 2 or 3 and Basketball Coaching Level 2, or 3
• At least 3 years previous experience of working with young people in a youth work setting (or equivalent)
• Experience of designing and leading sports related programmes
• Experience of delivering effective personal and social development working through group process and disengaged young people.
• Flexible approach as this position includes both face-to-face delivery during evenings and weekends
Benefits of working with us:
• Free use of our health and fitness wellbeing facilities
• 15% staff discount in our restaurant
• 25 days holiday pro rata (plus bank holidays pro rata)
• A salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
• Training and development opportunities
• Contributory group pension scheme
YMCA London South West is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and will not accept a CV in lieu of a completed application form. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA London South West is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
For a full job description and an application pack, please visit our website at: http://www.ymcalsw.org/category/job-opportunities/
The closing date to complete this application is 2 February, 2018.
Charity No: 1041923