The YMCA LSW is a registered provider of Housing with a growing presence across South, South West and East London. The vision of the Association is of a Christian Charity where people can come as they are, be met at their point of need and find life in all its fullness. The group mission is to create a Large but Local organisation that can reach out across the capital to transform communities so all young people can belong, contribute and thrive. As one of London’s largest charities the Association also sees itself providing a leading role in the capital as well as within the YMCA Federation.
We’re looking for a Membership & Lettings Administrator to play a big part in the success of our Health & Wellbeing department. You’ll assist in promoting our great state-of-the-art facilities and be involved in the growth and development of the department.
Hard work and fun are what you’ll contribute in order to deliver a heartfelt service to our members as well as excellent customer care. With the right attitude and awesome people skills, you’ll be a great addition to our team. You’ll play a key part in juggling priorities – maintaining all aspects of the membership & lettings database, updating membership and lettings records and dealing with members’ and customers’ enquiries over the phone, face to face or electronically. An all‑round varied and exciting challenge.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Working hours from 10.00a.m. – 2.00pm (5 days p/wk)
- Good knowledge of the Leisure/Health and Fitness Industry
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; good telephone manner
- First rate organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of high quality customer care
- To have worked with a range of computer software and Microsoft applications
- Experience of cash handling, credit card transactions and reconciling tills
Benefits of working with us:
- Free use of our state-of-the-art health and fitness facilities (including gym, sports hall, sauna);
- 15% staff discount in our restaurant
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata; plus bank holidays)
- A salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Contributory group pension scheme
Inspired and faithful to our Christian values, the YMCA welcomes, serves and works with persons of all religious faiths and of none, who are committed to working towards the creation of supportive, inclusive and energising communities.
Please read the Guidance Notes before completing your application as they contain important information that will help you.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by completing our application form quoting the reference number HR655 and job title.
Further details about the organisation and our activities can be found at ymcaeastlondon.org.uk.
YMCA London South West is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and will not accept a CV in lieu of a completed application form. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.