Location: YMCA East London
Contract: Permanent: Part Time
Hours of Work: 25 Hours Per week
Shift Pattern: 8am – 7pm Monday to Friday, 9 – 5pm weekend
Salary: £17,900.99 Per annum
Closing Date: 2 February 2018
YMCA London South West and YMCA East London have merged. This new organisation which is called YMCA London South West has resulted in a growing presence across South, South West and East London. The Association is part of the affiliated YMCA Christian Movement, offering opportunities to young people and their communities to develop in mind, body and spirit in order to fulfil their potential.
During these exciting times for the association, we are seeking a Supported Housing Officer at YMCA East London. The Housing department (East London Branch) currently provides accommodation and support to over 340 single homeless people aged 18+ through a team of 12 Supported Housing Officers. We have four stages of accommodation through which we provide support services that enable our residents to move into their own independent accommodation.
This role is integral to the provision of care, support and supervision to our residents. The Supported Housing Officer team works a rota system covering 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Good proven experience of providing support to vulnerable people;
- Experience of using a management database and rental system;
- Good planning and organisational skills to manage a busy and varied workload;
- Be able to work to deadlines and timescales;
- Experience of working with vulnerable people with diverse support needs;
- Up to date knowledge of Welfare Benefits and Homelessness legislation;
- Able to travel to different YMCA sites in the London area
Benefits of working with us:
- Free use of our health and fitness wellbeing facilities (including gym, sports hall, sauna);
- 15% staff discount in our restaurant
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays pro rata )
- A salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Contributory group pension scheme
YMCA London South West is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and will not accept a CV in lieu of a completed application form. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
YMCA London South West is a Christian organisation and as an employee you will be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
For a full job description and an application pack, please visit our website at: http://www.ymcalsw.org/category/job-opportunities/
The closing date to complete this application is 2 February , 2018.
Charity No: 1041923